Thursday 9 January 2014

Where to eat: Chops Chicago Steakhouse

Trip Advisor Rating: 171/879 in Makati

Chops Chicago Steakhouse is an American style restaurant located on the 4th level of Greenbelt 5.
We stumbled across this place trying to find something for dinner, as we felt like a 'western' style meal from back home. Unfortunately it ended up being quite a disappointing meal.

The restaurant has a nice modern clean set up to it, and the wait staff were fantastic. Very helpful and as soon as something was finished they were there taking the empty place/glass away for you. I just found the food a very big downer.
We both ordered the CreekStone Black Angus 10oz steak cooked medium with fries & a sauce. Mine was cooked medium however Kevin's was unevenly cooked - some parts looked well done and others looked more medium rare.
The steak was seasoned with salt & pepper which gave it a really nice taste, but about 50% of my steak was pure fat.
From a 10oz steak, this was all fat :-( Disappointing

In the end we ordered the 2 steaks, 2 coke zeros and 1 mineral water and the bill came to a grand total of PHP4444/AUD111.10. Although I have spent much more than this at a steak restaurant back home, I really feel for the type of meat we were served the price really did not justify it.

Such a shame as I was hoping to find a really great steakhouse when I need my Aussie BBQ fix, but I don't think Chops will be the one. Will have to keep searching.

Until next time,
Jacs xx

No comments:

Post a Comment